There are two main types of retail display, store fixtures or gondola shelving: Single sided gondola shelving is used mainly against walls and quite often higher to accommodate a larger amount of product. Double-sided gondola shelving is free-standing and placed in the center of the store. The gondola shelving is normally arranged in long runs to create the familiar aisles seen in grocery stores. On the end of a gondola aisle, an end bay which is a single-sided unit is used to display special offers, sale items or promotions.
The role of retail shelving is to display and promote goods and products which help business owners increase their sales. To understand the real importance of retail shelving, the following points underline their top benefits.
- Retail shelving systems are used in all types of businesses. This includes grocery stores, clothing stores, shoe stores, manufacturing, wholesale companies, warehouses, and pharmacies.
- Display fixtures deliver inventive platforms, which are appropriate for launching and promoting any type of product.
- Intelligent merchandising fixture systems are able to guide customers through your store to high-margin products increasing sales.
- Retail display solutions also include informative signs and banners, which communicate featured messages and get shoppers’ attention.
- You can increase your sales with an eye-catching retail display.
- If you support your front-end sales and organize your back-end workflow you will influence how customers perceive the level of service you provide.
Replacing or updating your store fixtures and retail gondola shelving is a large investment. When selecting front-end retail or gondola shelving, there are several key factors to consider, these include functionality, flexibility, and form.